Source Physical Therapy and Wellness is an accredited therapy provider in the state of Arlington, VA 22203. Doctors examine, diagnose and treat musculoskeletal conditions that hinder normal body functions. The driving mission at Source Physical Therapy and Wellness is to provide exceptional, cost-effective and progressive rehabilitation services through personalized care.
Cryotherapy it is among the latest trend of treatment with an unprecedented benefit. Cryotherapy involves treatment using extremely low temperatures to treat pain and swollen areas of the body. It is considered a safer method of treatment and preventive measure for ailments. Here are some of the various documented benefits:
- Ice packs are used on injured and pain-stricken muscles to increase blood circulation once the ice pack is removed. Source Physical Therapy and Wellness offer cryotherapy chambers which help reduce muscle pain and athletic injuries.
- Physical therapists at Source Physical Therapy and Wellness combine a series of exercises combined with minutes in chambers which increases the body’s metabolism. The exercises involved with this kind of physical therapy, if well adopted, may lead to weight loss.
- Dementia is caused by inflammation in the body and oxidative stress. Cryotherapy reduces inflammation in the body which in turn lowers the risk of dementia during the old days.
- The risk of developing cancer is reduced by whole body cryotherapy which reduces inflammation. There exists no solid evidence of cryotherapy treating cancer once its developed but for prostate cancer, cryotherapy has been known to be an active cure.
- Targeted cryotherapy on the neck helps to prevent migraines and headaches. They reduce rather than eliminate the pain completely.
- Mental health is greatly linked to inflammation in the body. Cryotherapy, with its ability to reduce inflammation, has been linked with the ability to reduce anxiety and depression.
Physical therapists at Source Physical Therapy and Wellness recommend cryotherapy for pain relief treatment and active healing. For intensive training athletes, cryotherapy helps to reduce muscle soreness and reduce recovery time significantly by numbing the body’s nerve endings.