In layman terms, any pain or discomfort you experience in any part of your head is referred to as a headache. At Source Physical Therapy we understand that there are many variations of headaches and as many causes. Our team of highly qualified physical therapists in Arlington, VA understand this and are always willing to help.
The first thing we have to know is the different types of headaches. They are:
- Migraine and cluster – these are headaches that vary in intensity but are often accompanied by nausea. Migraines also make a person very sensitive to light and sound.
- Muscle-spasm headaches – they are commonly known as tension headaches. They are common in adults and are usually caused by fatigue, stress or neck problems
- Secondary headaches- these are usually caused by a latent condition such as a tumor, illness or fever.
Most headaches are easy to cure or tend to go away by themselves. Physical therapists at Source Physical Therapy have been trained to determine types of headaches should prompt medical intervention to be needed. Our physical therapists are also among the best in dealing with muscle spasms ensuring effective treatment should you need it.
At Source Physical Therapy in Arlington, VA the therapy program for headaches will:
- Need you to work with your physical therapist to come up with a therapy regimen that will eliminate the problems that are provoking your headaches. The therapist will also help you learn how to prevent and manage headaches through negligible changes in your lifestyle.
- Physical therapists at Source Physical Therapy will use specialized methods to improve movement and relieve pain. They will also stretch both back and neck muscles. This will help in reducing tension headaches.
- Any physical therapist in Arlington, VA can help you improve your strength. But only few will teach you these exercises. Your assigned physical therapist at Source Physical Therapy will guide and teach you the exercises to build up the strength of the back and neck muscles. This will improve your general body posture which in turn will reduce the frequency of your headaches.
Undertaking physical therapy at Source Physical Therapy will also make it easier for you to deal with all sorts of challenges. Give our center a visit and consult our diverse team of experts.