Manual physical therapy in layman terms is a therapeutic massage. This form of therapy entails physical therapists using their hands to manipulate joints and muscles to relieve a number of ailments. Manual physical therapy relies on human touch rather than the use of specialized machines. Manual physical therapy is an alternative form of medicine that treats or helps with:
- Neck, back, and spine-related pains
- Headaches and migraines
- Hip Pain and post-surgical hip surgery recovery
- Knee replacement surgery recovery
- Ankle Pain
- Shoulder impairments
- Muscle spasm, tension, and joint dysfunction.
Source Physical Therapy is among a select few centers that offer manual physical therapy. The center has invested heavily in the program. The physical therapists at Source Physical Therapy have had the vigorous training to ensure that their manual physical therapy skill set is top notch. Some of the benefits you will experience by joining our manual physical therapy program include:
- Manual physical therapy helps with muscle recovery during rehabilitation e.g. from accidents or injuries.
- Gets rid of painful joint restrictions. The pain usually occurs during movement.
- This form of therapy restores normal functioning of soft-tissues.
- Relieves tension in the body
By undertaking this form of physical therapy at Source Physical Therapy you are also assured of quality service. While any physical therapist in Arlington, VA can diagnose and help you through the manual physical therapy process, none can offer specialized care that includes a close and keen diagnosis process. Our physical therapists at Source Physical Therapy will carefully examine your movement patterns and warn you of movements that can prevent successful treatment. Patient assessment is continuously done throughout the program. This enables your physical therapist to alter your regimen and techniques being used. The physical therapist will also monitor your response to the program.
At Source Physical Therapy we incorporate the following techniques into our physical therapy regimen:
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Passive range of motion
- Soft tissue mobilization
Our program has been proven to foster effective treatment in our patients’ ailments. Visit our center in Arlington, VA for more information.